We have many years experience working in wide range of primary schools across Bromley and can tailor our service to the individual needs of your setting. Communication is one of the key sets of skills highlighted in Ofsted’s School Inspection Handbook, which should be embedded across the curriculum. We believe in working together with teaching staff and parents to improve the outcomes for children in your school.
Please contact us for a free initial telephone consultation to discuss how we can work with you.
See below for our fee structure:
Annual planning meeting : Free
We are able to visit schools for a 1 hour session for an individual child or provide both a half day, or a full day service for assessment and /or therapy sessions. We also have a screening service for reception aged children.
Half day: £200
Whole day: £300
- Therapist in school for full/ half day
- Pre-session planning and post session write up as above.
- Children can be seen individually, in pairs or in groups.
Individual appointments: £70 cost includes:
- Pre-session planning including reading of reports (with parental consent) from any other professionals, such as NHS Speech and Language Therapists involved with the child.
- Pre- session planning of therapy goals and activities to achieve these.
- Preparation of specific materials required in the session.
- 30-40 minutes face to face therapy session with child and a member of education staff. Plus 15-20 minutes of discussion with education staff regarding the child’s progress and recommendations of activities to carry out in school.
- Post-session write up in child’s casenotes.
- Travel if within 10 mile round trip.
- Children must be seen with either a parent, and /or a member of education staff present in order for carryover of activities to be possible.
If assessment is required, this may need to be carried out over two sessions.
Reports: from £70 depending on the length and complexity of report required. The cost will be agreed prior to the therapist writing the report.
Attendance at multi-disciplinary meetings – £70 per hour
We can offer bespoke training packages depending on the needs of your school. Please contact us to discuss your training needs.
Have you heard of the Communication Commitment from The Communication Trust?
The Communication Commitment is a simple way to ensure all pupils communicate to the best of their ability by developing a whole-school approach to communication.
The Communication Commitment supports schools to make communication a priority, and its wealth of free resources, tools, and guidance will help you to effectively support all your pupils’ language and communication development. It will help you think about what you’re already doing to support pupils’ communication, and what further steps your school can take.
It’s free to register for the Commitment and you’ll receive lots of free information, toolkits, and resources, as well as a personalised Action Plan for your school. Click here to register your school.
Why are communication skills so important? Spoken language skills, which include understanding, are associated with:
- Academic success and attainment
- Literacy outcomes
- Numeracy outcomes
- Positive social relationships
- Emotional development
- Employability and later life chances
Helen and Vanessa are Local Champions for The Communication Trust, please contact us for more information.